1. The scene that stuck out the most would have to be when the Autodefensa de Michoacan wanted to talk to a certain man when he was driving with his family into town. The man’s daughter was basically screaming her lungs out saying that she wanted to kill herself. But the Autodefensas just wanted to ask him if he knew anything about cartels or anything with drugs in the town. It made me curious on why she said she wanted to kill herself when they only wanted to ask the man some questions that was all. This man was cooperating he just had trouble controlling his daughter and wife. This man’s wife did not want these men to take his husband in for questioning. This scene stuck out to me the most because it really showed emotion between characters during the film and how cartel families felt against the Autodefensa de Michoacan were just searching for cartels and killing them to get rid of them. I believe they went after this man because they suspected that he was part of cartel and there was shooting coming toward Autodefensas, so they reacted as quick as possible and went after the person.
2. Something that surprised me during the film is when leader of Autodefensa de Michoacan Jose Mireles was in a really bad plane crash, and was paralyzed from half of his face and had to recover and could not really do what he was doing with the movement before. But that plane crash did not stop him he still gave speeches about his movement and what they were trying to do for their townspeople. He was a man with a lot of courage and wanted to end all the violence happening with cartel in Mexico. This surprised me because instead of resting and getting better he kept on fighting to make not only his but townspeople life better.
Another scene that surprised me was when toward the end only of his own men that was apart of his movement betrayed him basically. He went with the government in the cartel like group they created toward end of film. This group wanted to get back at Mireles and do his job better than he actually did. It really surprised me because Jose Mireles only had a couple of men on his team because the government took all his men due to the fact they were given better weapons and gear when fighting the cartel that can never be stopped.
3. Some questions that remained in my head about this film would have to be if Jose Mireles the leader ever got back at his own men that betrayed him? Also another one would have to be if Jose Mireles continued his movement after the government basically taking over? For the Border Patrol were they able to stop all trafficking of drugs going into United States or can the cartel never be stopped. After watching this film all these questions popped into my head.

4. Some problematic concepts in the film that I might research would be cartels in Mexico, drug usage in Mexico, border trafficking, and government officials controlling violence in Mexico and United States.

Comments

  1. Brianna,
    The same scene that stuck out to you caught my attention as well. I think the way I saw it was more like a… why would the Autodefensas interrogate him in front of his family type of feeling. I felt it was disrespectful, and uncalled for. I would have been so mad if that was my family and I think I wouldn’t have panicked like the daughter. I just feel there are certain times and places where they should be considerate on how they go about doing things. I agree with you on Jose being a fighter for what he believes in and having courage regardless of the plane crash.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Something I was not expecting

Final Blog Post

Retiring Cop Gets Emotional During Last Radio Call