President Trump and What He Says About Illegal Drugs

I do not know how many of you have seen this on television. The other day I saw on news that President Trump at a rally said he wants to give the death penalty to those who are drug dealers. To me I think he is taking the crime being done to a whole another level. I feel drug dealers should be punished but not to the point that they will get killed. He says that drug dealers destroy families and kill people because of there drugs. I am not saying that drug dealers do not do this but the people buying the drugs from them, may not know what is included in drugs but the person is choosing to buy it when they have the choice . I feel like drug dealers should be put into prison or helped out in order to get away from drugs instead of being sentenced to death. I feel the president just wants to get rid of everyone doing harm, but that is just me.

Comments

  1. I saw this. SO troubling. It's beyond naive in terms of understanding the nature of drug crimes, crime in general, and legal punishment. The president has a lot of weak ideas about how to solve problems. It seems clear that he'd like to be able to take credit for (and actually) solving problems, but I don't think his critical thinking skills -- or life experience, understanding of human nature, etc -- are highly evolved enough for this kind of complex work. See? I said all this so politely! (grrr)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Something I was not expecting

Final Blog Post

Retiring Cop Gets Emotional During Last Radio Call